Friday, June 15

Day 2

Had breakfast with Matthew, Paul and Simon Daniel. Then headed over to Head Quarters for morning devotions with other members of the IcFEM staff, where we worshipped and prayed together. After that I went with Matthew and Paul to Dreamland (experiencing my first ride on a bicycle taxi). When at the Dreamland complex we first each planted Avocado trees in the school grounds. I was then shown around the Dreamland Medical Centre, and observed the good work that is being done to service the local community there, and witnessed the treatment of young children with malnutrition, displaced by the recent troubles nearby. I had the chance to look around the school and saw the work that is being done there by the mission, and also the work that still needs to be done to complete the school buildings. The Farm was the next thing that i was shown, Matthew explained to me the different crops that were being produced and that the Farm helped support the school by providing food for the children and also education in agriculture. I was then driven back to the guesthouse for lunch. The afternoon was spent at the IcFEM HQ, where i was shown around the complex and was also able to speak to several members of staff and get a broader picture of the work that IcFEM is doing. I was told about the loan and business schemes that are facilitated by the mission, as well as learning about the outreach work done with fellowships in the community. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will be travelling to a local school and observing more of the ministry that IcFEM does there. It's going to be another long day but I am sure a very enriching and rewarding experience. I will keep you updated as to how the rest of my visit goes.
Best wishes, Matthew

No comments: